Monday, June 11, 2007

My First Post

Ok. So I've been meaning to do this for a while and as you can see I've done it.


I am now a blogger.


Is there a "step" program out there for me now?? I know I need a "program" of some sort for my crafting of which knitting is my newest craze. I probably need intervention of some sort for my reading obsession. And, I'm sure I need therapy (shock - drug - other??) of some sort for being a stay at home mom of 3 (ages 10-Ashleigh, 6-Lindsey and 2-Matthew).



Goals of, for and about my new blog:


I hope to be encouraged and encouraging with my knitting (and other crafts).


I hope to inspire others to read with well directed reviews of books I have read. (I'm an eclectic reader and feel that those who don't care to read just haven't met the stories/authors that fit their tastes.)


I hope to cheer and commerserate with others about our husbands and children (or you know ummm whatever fits your situation) and make note about all the things my mom says I need to write down because I'll never remember them later.




Knitting -


I've been working on a small sock for my husband's first cousin's baby boy. I wanted to dip my toe into this whole sock thing and I feel it's going fairly well.




Well enough that my daughters want their own socks. These are my choices for them.


Ashleigh loves green right now. (Yes, I am holding out my swatch with 2 dpns.)




Lindsey is pink. (No swatch just yet.)




Reading -


Instead of going with my favorite authors and trying to figure out in which order they should be presented for your perusal I'm going to go with exactly what I'm reading now (which has a lot to do with release dates) and then what I'm filling in with between release dates. (Can you now see that intervention could probably done but that I would reject that like any addict??)


I have just finished the new Tanya Huff The Heart of Valor. I had gotten A Confederation of Valor (an omnibus edition of the first two novels) from the library the last week of May and the new book came out on Tues, June 5. (Oh the waiting!?!) Now I have to wait a WHOLE year for the next book (it's already slated - I saw on some website). This book is a Sci-Fi military action featuring Torrin Kerr. The Heart of Valor can stand alone although I highly recommend reading the series in order. The series is a good story about the main character and her military career. Well... I loved it - the whole series and will be reading all 3 stories again.



Family -


Well.....my DH(Shane) went out yesterday to Lowe's and bought us a portable air conditioner for our family room area. You might be thinking - oh those poor folks, they don't have air - this would be incorrect. We do have central air, but with 100ish degree days and no shade trees in the yard it can only keep the house at 76/77 at the hottest part of the day. This is unaccepable to my DH. Durring the summer it needs to maintain a 70/73 degrees in our house for my husband to be pleased. So far this new plan is working and the portable is doing it's job.

Today, my girls went to Westwood Baptist's Vacation Bible School and enjoyed themselves.



I think that's it for today. Comments are welcome.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogland! I can't wait to see how your socks come out.

Anonymous said...

I was hoping to be the first comment, but Emily beat me. hehe

Welcome to the Blogosphere, Mandy! Congrats on the blog! I can't wait to read more!

Tara G. said...

Congrats on your new blog. Is there such a thing as too much crafting or reading? (I don't think I'll ask DH on that one.)

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

WELCOME to blogland...and specifically glad to know another "Bama Blogger"!! Your knitting looks GREAT!! I have your site bookmarked and hope to meet up with you at some point!! There are several of us in the area!!

Janey said...

Have just surfed in from a long line of knitting blogs ... when I really should be knitting, right?

Just wanted to ask how soon you are planting shade trees in the yard. So you don't need the second a/c. (Just a thought.)
Happy knitting, Janey

Alaina said...

I love your sock!! I haven't tried a baby sock. I just finished my first set and am starting the second set. I am also very new to blogs mine is at http://idratherbknitting.blogspot.com/

please come by and check me out...If I ever figure out how to put up pics - I will post a pic of my socks -

I was so happy to find another person "new" to the world of blogging...it all seems so confusing.