Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Wow, time really flies...

when you are trying not to be crazy from birthdays (mine - I am now 38 - how the heck did that happen?? I personally believe I'm only about 24 or so.) and potty training the boy. Yes, it's that time and I hope I'm not driven into .....well, use your imagination. Apparently, none of my children want to take that step into leaving diapers/pull ups behind and into the big girl/boy world of using the potty. I had to put my girls into panties and had to spank them to make them use the potty. My oldest would sit there and pee like she hadn't been for a week and scream at me that she "would not use the potty" the whole time in which she was using the potty. Extremely frustrating. Now, the boy .....(just rolling my eyes and shaking my head) let's just say that there is a poop stain on the carpet that the carpet cleaner couldn't get out. However, I will persevere because he must be trained before September in order to attend 3 year old MDO. Matthew WILL be attending MDO.


Knitting -

I finished my dishcloth and found that I knit 11 stitches by 16 rows in 2 inches. Therefore, my star dishcloth for which I cast on 37 stitches came out to be about 7 inches square. I will need to practice the rag I intend to make for the dishrag tag and adjust the amount of cast on stitches in order to make a 9 inch square cloth.

I haven't worked on my baby sock lately. That would require attention that I just don't have at the moment.

I cast on for a shrug for my sister. it is coming along fairly well. I'm knitting it using Yarn Bee - Italia in the Tuscany colorway. I love this yarn. It's soft and pretty and feels good in my hands.

In crafting and not knitting area, I bought the Friendship Wheel kit by Alex Toys . This is the link to show you about it and if you have any interest in this type of thing, I'll warn you that it is fun and easy and addictive.

Other knitting news - I was on I'd Rather be Knitting's blog and found this link to check my Ravelry status -

You signed up on May 30, 2007
You are #5989 on the list.
157 people are ahead of you in line.
11849 people are behind you in line.
32% of the list has been invited so far

If you are signed up, I encourage you to go check your status (it's simple) or to sign up if you already haven't.



Reading -

I've been reading a lot lately, but today I'm going to talk about my new Nora Roberts book High Noon. It's no wonder they call her La Nora in the writing world because this woman can really tell a story. High Noon is about a woman named Phoebe who is a police negotiator and all about her life and her new romance. There is also a who-done-it mystery embedded in the story. As always, Nora Roberts has created a rich story with such complete characters you will feel that you really do know these people and are pulling for them and really want to know what happens to them after the end of the book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll be Ravelry-ing with us before long! Look me up when you get on there!